Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Samsung Moment: Android goes against iPhone


I had a iPhone for about 3 weeks. The issue I had was there was no reception in my apartment for AT&T. I also soon realized that the Internet was slow with AT&T and that I wouldn't be able to browse the Internet so easily. Another problem was that I had to jailbreak the iPhone and this caused issues when I tried to update. It was a big hassle.

I ended up cancelling and going back to Sprint. Not wanting to keep my old Palm PDA phone I upgraded to the Samsung Moment.

I will have to say that about 95% of the useful apps from my iPhone are available on my new Samsung Moment.

I am also able to receive voice mails just like the iPhone and play them right on the phone.

The Samsung Moment works just as well. The only thing is that since I can run multiple applications, the Android operating system will slow down at times. I guess this is why Apple has blocked multiple applications from running on the iPhone.

Another plus is that there is a keyboard so I can type away as much as I want. I have to admit the keyboard is not as easy to use as the Palm that I had before but faster then typing on the iPhone.

Hopefully, Sprint will release the 2.1 OS update for the Samsung Moment as there are several missing items because of this.

The only problem is that there are about 10% of apps that are still not availible on the Android. I am sure this will continue to change and Google gets more market share.

Too bad Microsoft's platform was not able to take off. They haven't released a new version for a long time and they don't have a good app store.

I also saw the Palm Pre at the store but it was so small I didn't even want to bother with that.

1 comment:

  1. This phone is cool. I've had it for a month and the only bad thing is having to type in names when sending a mass text. At least I don't have to pay the extra $30 =D

    ReplyDelete