Wednesday, December 23, 2009

AT&T and iPhone lowering the bar together

Recently, I decided that I wanted to switch to a iPhone. I borrowed a friends iPhone and started using the WIFI which was great. I loved the phone.

I was ready to activate with AT&T, but before I wanted to do a reception test at my work, home, etc. I popped in a international SIM card. Of course, the iPhone was already cracked.

The international SIM card allowed me to to select TMobile network or AT&T network.

To my disbelief, a lot of times the AT&T network did not have good receiption.

The biggest problem was that at home I got No Service receiption with AT&T. It wasn't even a weak signal. 100% no service all over the house.

Even when I have guests, if they are a AT&T customer they get no reception at my place. It is kindof like I have to drop all my AT&T friends. :( Constant conflict.

Sorry AT&T, but your commercials are misleading as the reception bars were not so high. The reception on my Sprint system is much better then AT&T in the Los Angeles area.

The annoying thing is that Apple has made a contract with AT&T which doesn't allow me to even use any other service provider.

Now I have to deal with the Sprint phones and I can't switch. The Palm Pre sucks and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Maybe, I will go the Android route.

Also, I even tried getting the AT&T 3G MicroCell, but I found out its not offered in my area!

No comments:

Post a Comment